The word “stressed” is desserts spelt backwards. A true foodie knows that when you want a quick-fix dessert, peanut butter on a teaspoon isn’t going to cut it. Here’s my dump-it-all-in-a-mixing-bowl version of decadent chocolate pudding for those times when you just can’t help it!
250ml(1cup) cake flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/3 cup cocoa
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
100g dark chocolate
1. Sift flour into a mixing bowl.
2. Add sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa and mix well.
3. Add milk, oil, brewed coffee and vanilla extract to the flour mix and stir it in.
4. Add the egg and mix until the mixture resembles a weak chocolate liquid.
5. Bake for approximately 20 mins in a 2L baking pan at 180°C.
6. Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool.
1. Break chocolate into pieces and place in a heatproof bowl.
2. Heat milk in a saucepan and add margarine to the milk.
3. Pour the heated milk mixture over the broken chocolate pieces.
4. Stir until chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth and weak in consistency.
1. Poke holes into the cooled cake with a wooden skewer.
2. Pour the chocolate sauce over the cake.
3. Serve with summer fruit and a sprinkle of powdered sugar.