I’m all for express food. Express food that tastes good, of course! I have to admit that vegetables are ideal for quick-quick-step-on-it meals. This meatless wonder took approximately 10 minutes to prepare from pot to plate, without an ounce of compromise on taste. Be prepared for a play on your tastebuds with the sweetness of the mushroom and corn and the tanginess of the soy sauce and spices. Enjoy, Duchesses!
- 1T vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 1t cumin seeds
- 1t coriander powder (optional)
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tomato
- a pinch of tumeric powder
- 1t chilli powder
- a punnet of mushrooms, chopped
- half a cup of sweetcorn
- a drizzle of dark soy sauce
- 150g egg noodles
- a sprig or two of fresh coriander
- a sprinkle of sesame seeds
1. Chop the onion and sauté with cumin seeds on medium heat with oil.
2. Add chilli to the mix, along with the coriander powder, chilli powder and tumeric powder.
3. Dice the tomato and stir it in the mix until it resembles a dry relish.
4. Slice mushrooms and add them to the pot(please don’t add ANY water) and allow to cook until soft.
5. Stir in the sweet orn to the mushroom relish and drizzle soy sauce over the mix. Allow to reduce.
6. Steam noodles in salted water.
Create a bed of noodles on the plate. Position mushroom relish on top of the noodle bed and garnish with coriander leaves and sesame seeds.